Recent News

VA Home Loan: Buying A House With A Non-Veteran

Joint VA Home Loan: Non-Eligible Co-Borrowers Special rules apply when co-borrowers who are not married take out a VA home loan. All co-borrowers don't need to be VA-eligible. However, only the eligible borrower's portion of the loan gets a VA guaranty. Entitlements are pro-rated when joint borrowers include: the veteran and one or more nonveterans (not spouse) the […]

HELOC Or Home Equity Loan? What’s Best For You?

Home equity loan or HELOC? The best loan for you depends on how you plan to use it.

FHA ARM Rates: Should You Choose An FHA ARM?

FHA ARM Rates Offer FHA Advantages At Lower Cost FHA mortgages offer some great benefits. You can buy a home with just 3.5 percent down. The loan is assumable. FHA underwriting guidelines are among the most forgiving in the industry.  And FHA ARM rates let you get these advantages for less. How Do FHA ARMs […]

Avoiding PMI Is Costing You $13,000 Per Year

"Experts" tell you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). They don't tell you, though, that you could be leaving five-figure returns on the table.

Today’s Mortgage Rates Analysis

Current mortgage rates and mortgage market movement. Today's mortgage rates and mortgage news. Live rate quotes available. News and data provided by MBSQuoteline, a real-time mortgage market data service available to loan officers, real estate agents, and other finance professionals.

Surprise! Mortgage Rates Didn’t Rise This Week

Mortgage rates are holding low, despite a Fed warning, rising stocks, and a hot job market, and rising inflation. Breakdown and analysis.

Fast-Falling Foreclosure Rates Are Pushing Up Your Home’s Value

Falling foreclosure rates are good for the real estate market. Here's how they affect home prices and the homebuying experience.

Report: 2017 Housing Starts Already Above 2016 Average

Home builders are trying to keep up with buyer demand. Prices are on the rise, but mortgage rates remain historically low. Time to start home shopping?

Not Sure About The Future Of Housing? Just Ask Home Builders

Home builder confidence remains strong in February, with low mortgage rates and rising rents. Builders predict 2017 will be a banner year for real estate.

How Reliable Are Online Home Value Estimators?

Home value estimates vary widely, depending on the method used. Online tools can provide interesting information, but don't expect them to be as accurate as a real appraisal.

How To Use Your Mortgage “Cash-Out” Refinance

The cash-out refinance is back. With mortgage rates low and home values rising, homeowners reason and opportunity to cash out their real estate holdings.

Study: Mortgage Consumers Refuse To Shop For Rates

Fewer than 25% of mortgage consumers apply with more than one lender. Know these time-proven strategies to find the best loan and rate for you.

Love My Girlfriend, Hate Her Credit: How To Buy A House With A Credit-Challenged Partner

How to buy a house when your credit is good but your spouse's or partner's is not. There are programs to solve your credit problems.

Mortgage Lenders Are Loosening Credit Standards Rapidly

A Federal Reserve survey shows mortgage lenders making it drastically easier to get mortgage-approved. Been denied for a mortgage in the past? It's time to re-apply.

4 Cash-Out Refinance Options That Put Your Home Equity To Work

Home values are rising, and homeowners are no longer sitting on their equity. Four cash-out options are helping owners accomplish financial goals.

HUD Homes: The Best Deal You’ve Never Heard Of

HUD homes are foreclosure properties. They were originally financed with FHA mortgages and may be sold at a discount to qualified buyers.

How ARM Rates Work: 3/1, 5/1, 7/1 And 10/1 Mortgages

ARM rates are becoming more attractive as home prices rise and fixed interest rates increase. Here's how to save money with an ARM home loan.

6 Common (And Totally Avoidable) Mistakes When Applying For Your Mortgage

More than 75% of mortgage applications go through. The other 25% may have made a mistake along the way. How to avoid mistakes when applying for a mortgage.

Divorce And Mortgage : Your Options When Separating

There are time-proven ways to handle your mortgage during a divorce. These options will help both parties to come to a mutually-agreeable solution.

5 Mortgage Calculator Features You Are Not Using, But Should

A mortgage calculator should let you determine much more than a monthly payment. Look at all affordability factors with these little-known features.